- Reagent Creation
- The Reagent Creation View has been modified as follows:
- Radio buttons for selecting the type of reagent to create have been replaced by a dropdown option list.
- If the user selects Insert or Oligo reagent type, a form to input the general properties for this reagent type is shown on the same page.
- If the chosen reagent type is Vector or Cell Line, a second option list to specify the subtype is shown on the same page (replacing the previous multiple-view implementation). For Vectors, in addition to Novel, Non-Recombination, and Creator Expression Vector subtype choices, Gateway Entry and Gateway Expression Vector options have been added. For Cell Lines, the subtype choices remain the same: Parent and Stable. A link to the illustration explaining the different subtypes is provided at this point.
- When Vector or Cell Line subtype is selected, a form to input parent IDs is shown on the same page. If Non-Recombination or Gateway Entry Vector subtype is chosen, the user is asked to input a Parent Vector ID and an Insert ID. To create an Expression Vector via Recombination or a Gateway Expression Vector, a Parent Vector ID and an Insert Parent Vector ID are required. If the chosen subtype is Novel Vector or Parent Cell Line, a general properties input form is shown instead of parent input form.
- Once Vector parents are entered, the sequence of the new Vector is reconstituted, if possible, from the sequences of its parents, and shown on the preview page.
- Chloramphenicol resistance is added to Recombination Vectors and removed from Gateway Expression Vectors during creation
- Mass Spectrometry Module
A Mass Spectrometry tools module has been added to the menu items. Currently this module contains one reference to the MS-Map application. A link to MS-Map has also been placed on the Insert Detailed View.
- External Search Query
An option has been added to submit a search query to Reagent Tracker outside the application. The search category and search term are encoded in the URL query string and passed as a GET argument to the search function.
- Restrict Search to Completed Reagents
The user is given an option to only search for reagents whose status is 'Completed' by selecting the "Show completed reagents only" checkbox (this option is not selected by default).
- New Insert Properties
Include: Species, Ensembl Gene ID, Official Gene Symbol. These properties are shown on the Insert Detailed View as well as on the Insert creation form.
- Options to Search by Ensembl Gene ID and Official Gene Symbol
These options have been added to the Search Categories option menu on the Search View.
- Insert Location
In additon to showing the locations of an Insert, now also printing a list of the locations of this Insert's child Vectors. This is especially
useful if the Insert itself does not have a location explicitly assigned to it but its child Vectors do.